Northside Pharmacy Nursing Home Division provides the highest quality of
personal and resident – centered services in Ohio. We know that exibility, dependability, and teamwork are the key to ensuring the best care for your residents.
Our services include:
- Open 7 days a week with a pharmacist accessible 24/7 to meet your needs.
- Medication credit as allowed by law.
- Our Consultant Pharmacist will assist you with monthly medication reviews, along with identifying opportunities to lower medication cost and recommend alternative medications or formulations to improve patient care.
Formulary Management - Northside’s formulary is designed to assure that you are getting the utmost cost e ective and appropriate medications for your residents. With our support, Northside will assist your facility in giving you the maximum preferred formulary and therapeutic substitution recommendations to reduce costs. You will be con dent that Northside delivers clinically appropriate medications to your residents, providing you with the best value.
- Our formulary management software takes into account the details of each resident’s medication regimen and automatically switches your medication orders to a more clinically appropriate, lower-cost drug in the same therapeutic class.
- This technology is not simply exchanging brand name medication for a generic version; rather, is collaboration between the prescriber and pharmacy for an interchange to clinically preferred medications based upon safety, cost, clinical e ciency, and administration considerations.
Packaging options- We o er multiple packaging options with our blister cards and our Parata PASS strip packaging system.
Blister Cards - Our blister cards o er a custom label to t your facilities needs with various dispensing options. Northside o ers a variety of heat seal and cold seal blis- ter cards for single dose packaging for your homes. Bubble packaging helps you know what medications to take at what times and when to request re lls.
- Packaging includes 7-day, 14-day, 28-day, 30-day dispensing.
Parata PASS (Patient Adherence Strip System) - o ers an innovative approach to med-pass. Say hello to convenient presorted deliveries, streamlined dispensing, and the security of pharmacy veri cation.
The bene ts of Parata PASS are easy to see:
- Consistent med-pass across nurse and shift changes • Better inventory management
- Less medication and packaging waste
- Fewer medication errors
- Trouble-free use and administration
- Less time spent on med-pass
- More time for patient care
- Enhanced peace of mind for families
Medication availability - At Northside, our pharmacists are accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We make daily deliveries and provide emergency prescriptions to you 24 hours a day. This provides quick access to medication while ensuring each resident receives the right medication when they need it.
Competitive pricing- We understand saving money is important to you. It’s our priority to provide the lowest possible cost to you while improving the health of your residents. Northside assists you in creating a formulary that is cost e ective for you and your facility. You can count on us to save costs in a variety of ways:
- Consultant pharmacist recommendations
- Proprietary formulary management tool
- Superior medication management & generic conversion • Advanced technology solutions
Advanced Technology - Northside’s access to the Parata Perl integrates the fasted pouch inspection technology available. The Perl is a standalone inspection machine that scans the medication packages, veri es the content of the pouches with the ordered medication and resident details, and documents the results for further refer- ence.
- Our advanced technology also allows us to accept your eMAR system of choice and integration capabilities to better serve your facility.
- eMAr promotes more accurate medication records, decreased medication errors, and leaves your sta more time with their residents. Pharmacy interface allows your sta to e ectively order and re-order medications with your eMAR system.
- Daily Deliveries. We understand the importance of reliable and timely medication delivery. Northside prides itself on quality service by providing experienced delivery drivers to provide quick personal delivery service.
Specialty medication pharmacy – Our licensed pharmacists are experienced in the preparations of IV medications and pharmacogenetics dosing. The Northside team is dedicated to assist in providing the best possible outcome for your residents. They provide consultation services to assist with therapy. Our pharmacist screen for drug interactions and provide education for the resident related to their therapy.
Available services include:
- IV Therapy
- Antibiotics / Antivirals
- High cost injectable medications
- Enteral Therapy
- IV Infusion & Enteral pump rental
- Pain management
- Hormone Replacement Therapy
- Immune Gamma Globulin
Pharmocogentics – Now there is a way to break the frustrating cycle of trial and error prescribing to help your patients su ering with depression nd relief more quickly with the right medication. Northside Nursing Home Division is partnering with GeneSight® to provide a service that uses a proprietary algorithm to analyze 12 di erent genes to weigh their combined in uence on patient response to more than 55 psychotropic medications.
Which of your residents could bene t from the GeneSight® test? - Residents who are experiencing less than desired medication response: Residents with uncontrolled symptoms who switch o of genetically discordant medications show the greatest reduction in depressive symptoms.
- Residents taking multiple medications due to medical comorbidities: GeneSight® testing may help avoid drug-drug interactions and compounding side e ects. Elderly residents who want to avoid adverse drug reactions (ADRs) and additional healthcare costs.
- Residents age 65+ whose clinician made treatment decisions congruent with the GeneSight Psychotropic test were on two fewer medications per year compared to those whose clinician made decisions incongruent with the test.
- Our Northside pharmacist will review your resident’s results and recommend the best plan of action to help your residents get on the right medication faster.